Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cutter diaries

I miss you, Marj~! (just a repost from my friendster blog)


When the office requested us to decorate the stage for this month’s program, my great friend, Marj, didn’t really looked pleased or excited as usual.  Then, she cracked laughter when she said she would be willing for as long as using cutter will be discouraged. Cutter phobia, anyone?

Flashback...

I woke up so late; I didn’t realize I was back in my room at home. It was 10:30 am, and I wasn’t in Boracay anymore. At least that’s what the room, bed, and pillows told me the moment I opened my eyes and started to regain consciousness of the world around me.

It’s Monday.. but what the hell am I doing in my room? I was supposed to be at work this time. Then reality sank in. I went home a little past midnight (May 4, 2009), informed the office I will be absent for a day, emphasizing I wasn’t in a good condition to perform my job that day.

Waiting for a cab in from of UCPB Jaro the other night, one female freak has turned our vacation into a mess. We had been excited about that… in fact, we were convinced it was perfect…the beach, the company, the experience, the fun. Then, the incident. While I was talking with my mother on the phone, a woman just stabbed my friend (marj) with a cutter, not once, twice, thrice but four times! Good thing all she got were bruises. Maybe the cutter was old; it never performed its part in the crime as intended. “What’s wrong with you?” she shouted at her as she tried to attack her again. Police came, and so was the short “crime scene” investigation. Problem was, it seemed like nobody saw what happened. Alibis raining everywhere. Just when I knew that it’s possible for a dozen of people to go blind simultaneously. 

No doubt it’s very difficult to avail justice in this country! Luckily, though, another friend recognized one of the guys present. So what’s his part in this? It was only later when we knew that the woman who stabbed my friend was his live-in partner, who was so jealous and insecured of the way my friend looked. The trouble with the guy was that he denied he knew the suspect. So congratulations to him, he just got the award “obstruction of justice”. Jokingly, another chum said, “Oh, he is of the same level with Ted.” Going back to the story, the news has spread at lightning speed, and we found ourselves surrounded by the suspects’ folks. Damn! Can you imagine the feeling of being confronted by a mother telling you that their poverty shouldn’t be the reason his son be put to jail? Damn again! We are the aggrieved here! Is poverty an excuse for attacking others who don’t even know you, or would never ever dare to get involve with your lives? 

Don’t go storytelling here; you were never the only people who lived life at its most difficult challenges. The only difference it made was the fact that we were raised aware of the limits we have as free humans. You messed up with us, now is the time to give you lessons. Some people play stupid to get themselves excused of the things they did. Nevertheless, if you didn’t really know what law is, then this is the time to learn the hard way. If you have been successful with your other victims, then take this differently. If you got personal troubles, count us out. We don’t even have time to settle our own issues.

The distress you caused can never be eased by an insincere sorry. Every single day we always play detectives on our way to work. Don’t you think it’s reason enough for you not to be forgiven?  You have got you day, now let us have ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment