Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love-hate with English Fun Day

There is one common thing between the coin and every single story; they both have two sides!


I am an NPA (no permanent affiliation) in school. I bet they think I like to multi-task! Ha-ha-ha~ I belong to three groups; my first love, writing department, the reading group, and the option class (IELTS reading). So what’s the good side? I never get to work with a single group of people. It would mean meeting and developing close relationships with more people than others. The bad? Can’t find my entire piece of loyalty somewhere~ can you please pick it up for me?

LOVE IT:
Today is quite different from the usual class days. There have been some divisions by the ballroom area for days. The scenes have been an explanation enough to look forward to an “out of routine day”.

Everybody seems to be so excited. We are in a hurry, trying to figure out what to do, planning our way to outwit other groups. Ha-ha-ha! So there must be something really special with this event. For others, this will be the perfect time to get oriented with the faces we get to see everyday but are never really close with… there have been some groups around here… and we can’t get to meet all students in our classes.

Beware!! We’re anti-dictatorial! It’s common knowledge we are one of the most easily-led people. People here are mostly of liberal arts or communication majors… what else do you expect??? We are a bunch of loud talkers, editors, above all, college-days rebels, so talk nicely. We’ve been a team for always. It is a custom with the group I used to lead (writing) to work together, being asked or not. I’m glad we still have that spirit!!!!  Teamwork was so effective. In fact, when I dropped by the booth, they have had something marked for me to see. Guess what~ one part of the wall decoration are sets of neo tattler articles, and one page outshines them all (I’ll strangle Angelie^^) Why is that so? It was highlighted with and arrow and a heart. It was an article entitled “A Memory of Europe”, written last February 2007… I need not divulge the writer anymore. Knock it off, guys! 

Age limit? It’s where idealism almost always gets crumpled by tons of experiences. Reading/listening group is quite special. This is where most of the “seniors” gather. (Suddenly I’m confused with my stage in life…Hahaha)~ Anyway, being one of the youngest members do the charm (wink-wink). With all the things people here are busy about, don’t expect us to meet every single day and talk about so many concerns; we are a group of absolute independence, sometimes, indifference. This is quite a rare opportunity to spend the whole day together.  Luckily, we have with us the school artist, so that means our booth looks simply theme-relevant. (Didn’t look like a kindergarten… hek-hek-hek… thanks to Gracey~~~^^)

Laughter is everywhere. Countless sounds of joy. Can’t recognize which sound belongs to which nationality! Hahaha~

Say cheese~~~~ curls!!!! This is going to be one of the most photographed days! So tiring to smile!!! Expect more photos on friendster, facebook, tagged, and cyworld soon…


HATE IT:
“Out of the routine day” is of no question, a great way to refresh ourselves. Bad thing is, it is far more tiring compared with the usual days. Years of teaching has gotten almost everyone of us accustomed to the lessons in the book. We need not stare at them at all. But now it’s not just for your own students inside your classroom, it’s for every single student around. That means lots of preparation to lead everyone else.

Who should take control? It’s damn irritable to see that after all the efforts of the teachers, well, all we have to see are… some students who preferred to go out than participate, with some crap explanation from the management that the persuasion isn’t enough just yet… worst of all, budget sooooooo “big” I wanted to donate to feel better.

Flashback and the wall posting! It wasn’t really a bad thing but it reminds me of how I wish I were stupid! Everytime we get to have this program every year, I can’t help but look back at the time when I was supposed to be in my room, having the privilege of privacy expressing my heartfelt goodbyes to the writer of the “marked article”. That time had been so selfish on us. I hate-hate-hate this program! I wish that the next year’s schedule won’t fall on the day when special people for us would have their last days! Good thing there is still something good going on between me and the writer… hahahahaha~~~~^^ (don’t complain, friends)


Just what is good planning? I think it had been a waste of time for me trying to catch up with the deadline for the game rules that never get to be played. It wasn’t because it was so difficult to follow, but because people around seems to prefer the easiest, effortless way to handle something. Another frustrating thing is, you’ll work your things out and be expected to do others’ job just for the reason they are lazy to take responsibility. I have always respected people older than I am, but that is never a part of my belief. Worst thing is, when the person who gets to hold all the game plan decides to leave the materials the day before without explaining, but with the plan never to attend the day of the event. Great!!! Soooo great! Thanks for wasting my time and effort doing something that might give you credits. All you gotta see is a big smile on my face~ I am frank for as much as I don’t want to be angry. There is always a next time~

This is a picture-perfect day! No doubt! We just hope it will be use to with the words “sincerity and truthfulness” in mind.

Stories do have two sides, and so are the coins that teachers spent due to the budget cut! How can you be so charitable, guys? Hope there are still people out there like you! Such a great asset!! Hek-hek-hek!!!! ^^ So proud of you!!! Promise!





No comments:

Post a Comment